Upward Sports® Basketball and Cheerleading at New Covenant United Methodist Church is for kids in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Upward Sports® is an established program that promotes developing the total athlete mentally, athletically, spiritually, and socially. It is a Christ-focused sports league that helps children discover Christ through sports.
Upward Leagues Have:
- 1 practice and 1 game per week.
- Unique substitution system that ensures every young athlete plays.
- Quality game day uniform and other sport related gear.
- Age appropriate character and skill development both on and off the court.
- Coaches who are focused on your athlete's development.
2018 / 2019 Season
Registration for 2018 / 2019 Season of Upward Sports will be available in fall 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How old do kids have to be?
Basketball is for ALL kids, Kindergarten – High School. We will also allow kids to play who are 5 years old by January 1, 2018. Our cheer program is for Kindergarten - 8th grade.
2. When are practices and games?
Teams will practice on either Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday evening. Each team will have one 1 hour practice each week (3 practices between Thanksgiving and Christmas and 1 practice each week before their game on Saturday in January and February). We will send out more information about this after the final Evaluation date on November 6th.
3. When do practices start?
Practices begin the week of November 27th – December 1st. Each team will have 3 practices before Christmas, then take off 2 weeks for Christmas and New Year’s. Practices begin again on January 8rd.
4. When will I know what team my child is on?
We will make team assignments after the final Evaluation on November 6th. Following team assignments, we will make the practice schedules and games schedules. We will email that information out ASAP.
5. What does the registration fee cover?
The registration fee is $90. It covers the uniform (and cheerleading supplies) your child will used during the season. It also covers a special end of season gift for each participant.
6. When do I need to pay by?
Payment is due by the final evaluations on November 6th.
For more information you can contact Jill Shouse at 405-562-3200 or email@example.com.