Join us for this very fun and competitive evening of eating chili and helping the Inspired Campaign as we create better ways to reach people for Jesus.
The New Covenant Annual Chili Cook-off is a great event in which we come together as a church family and have a friendly competition to determine the “Best Chili Makers” in our church. In the process we collect donations to benefit needed updates to our Worship Center and Online ministry.
- There are two categories in which to enter: Individual or Group.
- In each category attendees/judges will vote for their favorite chili with monetary donations. Each contestant will have a jar for collecting the donations.
- At the end of the judging (tasting) period, each contestant will bring their jar to the counting area for their donations to be counted. Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places.
- Each contestant may choose to decorate the space on their table around their chili and the area directly behind their chili to be considered for the prize of “Best Decorated.” THIS IS OPTIONAL
- One “Best Decorated” award will be given per category (Individual or Group).
What do contestants need for the Chili Cook-off?
- A pot of chili from your original recipe in a Crock-pot, with cord.
- A ladle.
- An extension cord.
- A power strip.
- Decorations for around your chili. (OPTIONAL)
What do judges/tasters need for the Chili Cook-off?
- A big appetite!
- Money! To vote for your favorite chili!
- Chili Fixin’s and desserts. Last names that begin with A-L bring desserts—M-Z bring fixin’s. Fixin’s=crackers, cheese, Fritos, cornbread, onions, etc.