Prayer Practice Midweek Class Starting
6:00-7:30pm, Room 207
Are you interested in prayer? Don’t have time? This class offers exactly what the name says – a dedicated time to PRACTICE prayer. So many of us are yearning to deepen our walk, be more aware of God in our daily lives, discern God’s nudging and callings, have time set aside for just us and God. We will be practicing:
- Lectio – an ancient Hebrew and Christian way to pray Scripture. To pray the Bible is to apply listening and silence to the Word of God, a new way to know the Good News!
- Solitude – the ability to be alone, with the self, with increasing awareness, acceptance and gratitude.
- Examen– Discerning God’s presence in your daily life, daily. Where was God today?
- Jesus Prayer – There is power in the Name.
- Healing prayer – introduction to healing prayer from the book, Stretch Out Your Hand by Tilda Norberg
- Waiting – Being alert to God’s Presence. Looking at two aspects of waiting, waiting for God and the waiting of God.
- Simplicity – is freedom, and brings joy and balance! Who will give it to me? J
You’re welcome to come to one or all!
Come see what God is doing!
Participants: Marcus Ayres, Bonnie Cates, Jamie Crooch, Wilma Hamilton, Leslie Parks, Christa Midkiff
Mid Week Prayer Practice Syllabus
Sept 16th – Introduction & Praying Scripture
30th- The Jesus Prayer
Oct 7th- Mindfulness
21th- Brief Exercises in Mindfulness
Nov 4th- Healing Prayer
11th- Personal Retreats
18th- Guided Imagery
Dec 2nd- Spiritual Formation – how it works